This Advanced Technical Test Analyst course presents a comprehensive overview of methods and techniques for deriving and specifying software tests based on the system’s requirements and design (“black box tests”) as well as its implementation and structure (“white-box tests”).
On completing the course, attendees will be able to select and apply techniques for test case derivation such as state-based testing and control flow testing as well as static and dynamic analysis. We will look at non-functional testing techniques such as reliability testing, portability testing, performance, load, and stress testing. We will also discuss how to succeed in building robust automation architectures and using a variety of tools to reach a quality target.
This e-learning course has been updated for the 2019 version of the syllabus! Purchase the course, and get started toward your ISTQB Certification today.
You may book e-learning training only for $799 or optionally add an electronic ISTQB certification exam for an additional $310.
E-learning Demo – View a sample of this course without obligation and for free.
Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB), Project Manager and Technical Editor for ISTQB Foundation Syllabus 2018, Chair of the Agile Working Group, and co-author of over ten other ISTQB syllabi.
Three months of unlimited online access is provided with the course. Each section includes sample exam questions and exercises for main techniques.
- Introduction and Review
- The Technical Test Analyst’s Tasks in Risk-Based Testing (30 minutes)
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Mitigation
- Structure-Based Testing
- Condition Testing
- Decision Condition Testing
- Modified Condition/Decision Coverage (MC/DC) Testing
- Multiple Condition Testing
- Path Testing
- API Testing
- Selecting a Structure-Based Technique
- Analytical Technique
- Static Analysis
- Dynamic Analysis
- Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing
- General Planning Issues
- Security Testing
- Reliability Testing
- Performance Testing
- Resource Utilization
- Maintainability Testing
- Portability Testing
- Using Checklists in Reviews
- Test Tools and Automation
- Integration and Information Interchange Between Tools
- Defining the Test Automation Project
- Specific Test Tools
- If you had purchased an exam, an exam voucher will be emailed to you with instructions on how to book the ISTQB certification exam in a separate email
- Remote-proctored exams – The ISTQB Certified Tester exams can be taken online at home via a remote-proctor
- The Advanced Technical Test Analyst Certification exam is comprised of 45 multiple-choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 120 minutes
To learn more about ISTQB® exams, consult the Exam FAQs. Take a look at the sample exams made available by ISTQB®. You can find them inside every syllabus folder in Download area.