The most significant findings from ISTQB® Effectiveness Survey 2016-2017
- The outcome of the 2016 survey confirms the results of the one done in 2013, with a very positive evaluation of the ISTQB® certification scheme.
- Employee career path development is the main motivation for managers for having their employees achieve ISTQB® CTFL certification. This was the main motivation in the 2013 survey also.
- The survey results would suggest that career path development is an important topic that can be supported by the ISTQB® certification scheme.
- The survey confirms that certification exam reflects the knowledge of the candidates to a very good extent.
- There is high and growing interest in ISTQB® Advanced Level certification. There is a ~20% increase in demand compared to the 2013 survey response data.
- Most selected topics for future certifications are Cloud testing, Test metrics and Test effort estimation, User Acceptance testing, Web Based Application testing, and Test data management.
- Based on the ISTQB® Foundation and Advanced Level certifications’ estimations, the maturity level of software testing certification market has increased.