The following summarizes the contents of the Foundation Level syllabus:
- Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
- Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives.
- Design and prioritize tests by using established techniques; analyze both functional and non-functional specifications (such as performance and usability) at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity.
- Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests.
- Write clear and understandable incident reports.
- Effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects.
- Be familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses; assist in the selection and implementation process.
Each section includes sample exam questions and exercises for main techniques.
1.0 Fundamentals of testing
1.1 Why is testing necessary
1.2 What is testing
1.3 General testing principles
1.4 Fundamental test process
1.5 Psychology of testing
1.6 Code of ethics
2.0 Testing throughout the software life cycle
2.1 Software development models
2.2 Test levels
2.3 Test types
2.4 Maintenance testing
3.0 Static techniques
3.1 Static techniques and the test process
3.2 Review process
3.3 Static analysis by tools
4.0 Test Design Techniques
4.1 Test development process
4.2 Categories of test design techniques
4.3 Specification-based or black-box techniques
4.4 Structure-based or white-box techniques
4.5 Experience-based techniques
4.6 Choosing test techniques
5.0 Test management
5.1 Test organization
5.2 Test planning and estimation
5.3 Test progress monitoring and control
5.4 Configuration management
5.5 Risk and testing
5.6 Incident management
6.0 Tool support for testing
6.1 Types of test tools
6.2 Effective use of tools: potential benefits and risks
6.3 Introducing a tool into an organization
This course was accredited by the ISTQB. This course follows the ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus 2018.
Download Foundation Level Materials from ISTQB (opens in a new tab)
Click here for Foundation Level Learning Objectives (opens in a new tab)
The Foundation Level exam is comprised of 40 multiple-choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 60 minutes
To learn more about ISTQB® exams, consult the Exam FAQs. Take a look at the sample exams made available by ISTQB®. You can find them inside every syllabus folder in the Download area.
Contact us for booking onsite training
Phone: +1 (416) 546-4628
Upcoming Schedule: Click Here