The Advanced Test Manager course provides test managers with advanced skills in test estimation, test planning, test monitoring, and test control. This hands-on course provides the ability to define the overall testing goals and strategy for the systems being tested and is ideal for test managers preparing for certification.
This e-learning course has been updated for the 2012 version of the syllabus! Purchase the course, and get started toward your ISTQB Certification today.
You may book e-learning training only for $849 or optionally add an electronic ISTQB certification exam for an additional $350.
Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB), Project Manager and Technical Editor for ISTQB Foundation Syllabus 2018, Chair of the Agile Working Group, and co-author of over ten other ISTQB syllabi.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals, and testing processes established for the testing organization
- Organize and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions for test estimation, planning, monitoring, and control
- Create and implement test plans consistent with organizational policies and test strategies
- Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives
- Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders
- Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources
- Identify and plan necessary skills development within their test team
- Propose a business case for test activities that outlines the costs and benefits expected
- Ensure proper communication within the test team and with other project stakeholders
- Participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives
Purchase of the e-learning course includes:
- Three months of unlimited access to the online course
- Foundation Sample Exam Questions and Foundation Level mock exam to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus Test Manager
- A set of approximately 600 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device.
- NEW!! A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by a member of the ISTQB
- Standards for Software Testing
- Advanced Test Manager Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout the course. A complete set of questions for every learning objective in the Test Manager module of the ISTQB Advanced Syllabus
- Exercise solutions
- Advanced Test Manager Mock Exam
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
Three months of unlimited online access is provided with the course. Each section
includes sample exam questions and exercises for main techniques.
1.1 Testing Process
1.2 Test Planning, Monitoring, and Control
1.3 Test Analysis
1.4 Test Design
1.5 Test Implementation
1.6 Test Execution
1.7 Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting
1.8 Test Closure Activities
2.1 Test Management
2.2 Test Management in Context
2.3 Risk-Based Testing and Other Approaches for Test Prioritization and
2.4 Test Documentation and Other Work Products
2.5 Test Estimation
2.6 Defining and Using Test Metrics
2.7 Business Value of Testing
2.8 Distributed, Outsourced, and Insourced Testing
2.9 Managing the Application of Industry Standards
3.2 Management Reviews and Audits
3.3 Managing Reviews
3.4 Metrics for Reviews
3.5 Managing Formal Reviews
4.1 Defect Management
4.2 The Defect Lifecycle and the Software Development Lifecycle
4.3 Defect Report Information
4.4 Assessing Process Capability with Defect Reporting Information
5.1 Improving the Testing Process
5.2 Test Improvement Process
5.3 Improving the Test Process
5.4 Improving the Test Process with TMMi
5.5 Improving the Test Process with TPI Next
5.6 Improving the Test Process with CTP
5.7 Improving the Test Process with STEP
6.1 Test Tools and Automation
6.2 Tool Selection
6.3 Tool Lifecycle
6.4 Tool Metrics
7.1 People Skills – Team Composition
7.2 Individual Skills Communication
7.3 Test Team Dynamics
7.4 Fitting Testing Within an Organization
This course was accredited by the ISTQB. This course follows the ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager Syllabus 2012.
Blended e-learning, licenses, and volume discounts are also available for companies. Login instructions are to be emailed.
- If you had purchased an exam, an exam voucher will be emailed to you with instructions on how to book the ISTQB certification exam in a separate email
- Remote-proctored exams – In response to Covid-19 and the necessity of social distance, the ISTQB Certified Tester exams can be taken online at home via a remote-proctor
- The Advanced Test Manager Certification exam is comprised of 65 multiple-choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 180 minutes
To learn more about ISTQB® exams, consult the Exam FAQs. Take a look at the sample exams made available by ISTQB®. You can find them inside every syllabus folder in Download area.